Important Note: As of March 10 these trainings are scheduled to happen as planned. We are keeping a very close eye on the coronavirus situation and are actively making Plan B for each of these trainings. We will inform everyone either way no less than one month prior to each training. Feel free to email us at email@example.com with questions.
We are excited to announce our 2020 Digital Training Schedule:
June 14-20, 2020 ONLINE
Application Deadline extended!
Applications are now open for our Digital Organizing Bootcamp. During this week long immersive training we will combine strategy with hard skills that include:
* Building a digital campaign strategy
* Mapping engagement paths for your supporters
* Best practices for building websites, writing email blasts, managing social media and social listening
* How to use analytics to guide your strategy
* Integrating digital tactics with offline organizing
If you want to work for advocacy campaigns or in labor organizing this is the bootcamp you’ll want to attend.
The cost for this training is $1000 which includes the training, housing and meals for the entire week. There are a limited number of partial scholarships available.
July 27-August 1, 2020 ONLINE
Application deadline extended to April 30!
Applications are now open for our Advanced Digital Organizing Bootcamp. This training will help you take your digital organizing skills to the next level by digging deep into topics like:
* Setting up a digital program that is optimized for your goals and target audiences based on a rigorous and ongoing testing program
*Crafting organic and paid strategy for your website, email program, sms and social media
* How to build a robust social listening program to help guide your organizing work
* How to protect yourself and your organization online with strong digital security protocols
This bootcamp is intended for digital campaigners with a year or two of experience who want to take their skills to the next level.
The cost for this training is $1000.
July 20-24, 2020 Atlanta, Georgia
This 4 day training in Digital Organizing includes hands-on, in-depth training that will include topics like:
- Building a digital campaign strategy
- Basic best practices for building websites, writing email blasts, managing social media and other digital organizing tasks.
- Data Collection
- Use of Action Network
- Facebook and Twitter best practices
- Facebook ads
- Integrating digital tactics with offline organizing
- Digital Rapid Response
The cost for this training is $300.
Registration for this training will close July 1, 2020
August 10-11, 2020 Denver, Colorado
This training includes discussions and exercises on the following topics:
- Adult learning principles
- Creating powerful moments of learning for your trainees
- Basic best practices for creating a needs assessment, setting objectives, creating agendas, building case studies, creating breakouts, facilitating a room, building slide decks and more
We will give you the opportunity to conduct a short training on a topic of your choice and get meaningful feedback from fellow trainees and experienced trainers.
This training is the right training for you if:
- You don’t have much training experience but you want to start doing training
- You have some training experience but you want to level up your training skills
Beth Becker is the founder of Becker Digital Strategies, a boutique political digital consulting firm specializing in top-level digital strategy, social media strategy, and digital training. Well known for developing and leading week long digital boot camp trainings and mentoring the next generation of digital campaigners Beth and her team work with organizations of all sizes across the globe to maximize their impact on digital in order for them to be successful in their on and offline campaigns. When not in a training room, Beth can usually be found at a Nats game, at a DSW or hanging out with her cats Sassy and Jon Snow.
Rosemari Ochoa is a digital strategist and trainer about social change and advocacy based in Denver, CO. By day, she’s a digital activist and campaigner. By night, she’s striving to become a novice flan connoisseur. She has also headed up social media for the Pew Charitable Trusts, the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History and AIDS.gov. She has also worked at the Library of Congress, the Red Cross and Planned Parenthood. Rosemari holds her M.A. from American University in Public Communications.
This training is being offered in partnership with Netroots Nation and New Media Mentors.
The cost for this training is $300.
Registration for this training will close August 1, 2020.
Becker Digital Strategies is committed to making our trainings accessible to as many people as possible by awarding scholarships for all of our trainings. To apply for a scholarship use the link in the registration page for each training. Bootcamp scholarships are awarded after the application process is complete so there will not be a scholarship link on that application.
Interested in sponsoring a trainee’s scholarship or hosting a training in your city? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Becker Digital Strategies welcomes people of color, Native American and Indigenous people, immigrants, women, genderqueer and nonbinary people, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and others to attend this training.